Lesson 21 Come to think of it,I can't even remember when the last time I hosted a party was.仔细想下,我甚至不记得上次是何时举办的派对了。
Part 1 Real Life Situation
使用场景
You're having a party at your house.You're talk-ing to one of the guests,and you realize that you haven't had a party in several years.You make a comment about it.
你在家中举办了一个派对,在和其中一位客人交谈时,你突然想到已经好几年没参加过派对了,感叹道:
Come to think of it,I can't even remember when the last time I hosted a party was.
仔细想下,我甚至不记得上次是何时举办的派对了。
Part 2 Pronunciation and intonation
发音讲解
So,in the sentence,pay attention to the pro-nunciation of these parts.
在这一句中,注意以下部分的发音:
1.Pronounce "to" as/tə/.
1.“to” 发/tə/音。
2.Link all the words in "think of it".
2.“think of it” 全部连读。
3.In American accent,the "can't" and "can't even" are pronounced in special ways.
3.在美式发音中,“can't” 和“can't even” 发音比较特殊。
4.“last time” 中只发一个/t/音。
4.Keep only one/t/sound in "last time".
5.The/t/in"hosted" becomes/d/,because it follows the sound/s/.
5.“hosted” 中的/t/发为/d/,因为它前面的音素是/s/。
现在,我们重点看看语气和语调。
Now,let's focus on tone and intonation.
1.These words are stressed:"come" "think""can't" "remember" and "party".
1.重 读 “come” “think”“can't” “remember” “party”。
2.Say "come to think of it" as if you're think-ing really hard,and look away.
2.说 “come to think of it” 时,要好像你正在努力回想,并且把目光移开。
Now,practice,and you will learn to say this sentence like a native speaker.
现在,多加练习,你就能学会像英语母语者一样说这句话了。
Part 3 My explanation
英文讲解
The first expression we will learn is 我们要学习的第1个表达是
come to think of it+( sentence)仔细想想+句子
Introduce something that you've just realized or just remembered this way."Come to think of it" means something like "Here's something I just thought".
“come to think of it” (我才意识到),用于表示你刚刚想起某事。
You use "come to think of it" in response to something that someone asked you:
当有人问你的时候可以用这句话作为回答:
A:If you hear of anyone that's hiring,let me know.(如果你听说有人在招聘的话,请告诉我。)
B:OK,sure.Actually,come to think of it,I have a friend who's looking for some people.(好,没问题。其实……想想看,我有一个朋友正在招人。)
Or you can use it to add to something that you said yourself:
或者你可以用它作为对自己说过的话的补充:
I haven't been to Spain in a couple of years.You know,come to think of it,I haven't gone anywhere in the last few years.
我好几年没去过西班牙了。你懂的,仔细想想,这几年好像我哪儿也没去。
The second expression we will learn is 我们要学习的第2个表达是
I can't remember when the last time I( did something) was我不记得上次我 (做了什么) 的时间
Use this expression when you're talking about something that you haven't done in a very long当你谈到很长时间没有做过某事时可以使用这个表达,前提是由于间隔时间过长你不记得上次做是什么时候。
time.The suggestion is that you can't remember when you did it because it was so long ago.
For example
I can't remember when the last time I ate a McDonald's hamburger was.It has to have been 10 years ago at least.
我已经至少十年没有去过麦当劳吃汉堡了,甚至不记得上次是何时去的。
The third expression we will learn is 我们要学习的第3个表达是
host ( a party or event)举办 (派对或活动)
"Hosting" a party means that you do the planning or provide the space for it.These are all examples of hosting:
“hosting” (举办) 一个派对,意思是你为它做计划或提供场地,可以用于以下场景:
● You invite people to your house for a par-ty.
● 邀请人们到你家里聚会。
● 你的朋友正在组织一个派对,你让她用你的房子举行。
● Your friend organizes a party and you let her use your house for it.
● 邀请人们到你的办公室参加社交活动。
● You invite people to your office for a net-working event.
● 你租下一家画廊,在那里组织了一场展览。
● You rent a gallery and organize an art show there.
举办聚会的人是 “主办方”。
The person who is hosting the party is the"host".